French toast is a classic breakfast dish that's loved by many. But have you ever tried adding saffron to it? This spice adds a unique flavor and aroma to the dish, making it even more delicious. Here's a recipe for Saffron French Toast that you can try at home.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream milk
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- A pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 slices of bread
- Butter or oil for frying
- Maple syrup for serving
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, spices, saffron threads, and sugar until well combined.
Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to soak for a few seconds on each side.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter or add oil.
Place the soaked bread slices on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
Serve the Saffron French Toast warm with maple syrup.
- Use a good quality saffron for the best flavor.
- You can use any type of bread for this recipe, but thick slices work best.
- If you want to make this dish ahead of time, you can prepare the egg mixture the night before and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
Saffron French Toast is a unique twist on the classic breakfast dish that's sure to impress your taste buds. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can make this delicious dish in no time. Serve it up with some maple syrup and enjoy a breakfast that's both delicious and special.
Here are some of the potential health benefits of the ingredients in this recipe:
- Eggs: Eggs are a rich source of high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals, including vitamins B12 and D, and choline.
- Milk: Milk is a good source of calcium, which is important for bone health, and also contains vitamins A and D.
- Saffron: Saffron is a spice derived from the crocus plant and has been used for its potential health benefits, including as an antioxidant and for the relief of menstrual cramps.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is a flavoring made from the pods of the vanilla orchid and contains small amounts of antioxidants.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a spice that is believed to have potential health benefits, including improved blood sugar control, antioxidant properties, and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Butter: Butter is a source of saturated fat and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that contains antioxidants and is a good source of manganese, a mineral important for bone health.
It's important to keep in mind that Saffron French Toast is a treat and should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.