Indulge in a culinary masterpiece with our Pan Seared Salmon Fillet with Saffron Rice & Dill recipe. This delectable dish harmoniously combines the richness of pan-seared salmon with the aromatic flavors of saffron-infused rice and the refreshing touch of dill. Elevate your dining experience with the premium quality Heray Saffron, sourced from Afghanistan, and enjoy a meal that's as delightful to the senses as it is to the palate.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Heray Saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
Cooking Time: Approximately 40 minutes
Prep Time: Approximately 15 minutes
Prepare the Saffron Rice:
- Rinse the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- In a small bowl, steep the Heray Saffron threads in 2 tablespoons of warm water for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add half of the chopped onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the rinsed rice to the pan and stir to coat the grains with the onion and oil mixture.
- Pour in the saffron water along with the saffron threads, and stir to evenly distribute the saffron color.
- Add 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the rice simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed. Fluff the rice with a fork and set aside.
Pan Seared Salmon:
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Carefully place the salmon fillets in the skillet, skin-side down. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden. Flip the fillets and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the salmon is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
Assemble the Dish:
- To serve, place a generous portion of the saffron rice on each plate.
- Top with the pan-seared salmon fillets, skin-side up.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh dill and the remaining chopped onion over the dish.
- Garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing over the salmon and rice.
Photo Credit: https://www.bonappetit.com/
Enjoy a delightful and flavorful meal with Heray Saffron-infused rice, succulent pan-seared salmon, and the aromatic touch of dill. This dish is a harmonious blend of exquisite flavors that will surely satisfy your culinary cravings.