- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, bring a small amount of water to a simmer. Add the saffron threads and let them steep for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the butter, saffron water, black pepper and salt. Mix together until well combined.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a work surface, and spoon the butter mixture onto the center of the plastic wrap. Roll the butter mixture into a log shape, twisting the ends of the plastic wrap to seal the butter.
- Refrigerate the butter log for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Once the butter is firm, you can slice it into rounds or use a butter knife to spread it on bread, meat or fish.
- This butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Enjoy the unique and delicious flavor of saffron and black pepper butter on your next meal!
This butter is the perfect addition to any dish, whether you're spreading it on bread or using it to season a piece of fish. The saffron adds a subtle yet distinct flavor, while the black pepper gives it a little kick. This butter is also a great way to add some elegance and sophistication to any meal.
Also, you can use this butter to make some variations of dishes like, add it to your pasta, mix it in your risotto, spread it on your steak or even use it to make some delicious sauces. The possibilities are endless!