Here is a recipe for making saffron vanilla donuts:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, saffron, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, then cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch and cut out the donuts using a donut cutter or a round cookie cutter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large pot to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry the donuts, a few at a time, for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the donuts from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar or your favorite glaze. Enjoy!
Image By ministryofcurry.com