Here is a recipe for making saffron vanilla donuts:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, saffron, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, then cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/2 inch and cut out the donuts using a donut cutter or a round cookie cutter.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large pot to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry the donuts, a few at a time, for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the donuts from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar or your favorite glaze. Enjoy!
Image By ministryofcurry.com
Here are some of the health benefits of saffron & vanila:
Saffron and vanilla are both ingredients that have some potential health benefits when consumed in moderation. However, it is important to note that saffron vanilla donuts, being a deep-fried and sweet dish, should not be considered a healthy food option and should be consumed in moderation as a treat.
Saffron, as i mentioned before, has antioxidant properties and may also have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help protect against various diseases.
Vanilla, on the other hand, is a good source of antioxidants and has been linked to a lower risk of certain chronic diseases such as cancer. Vanilla extract may also have a relaxing effect on the body and mind, which can help reduce stress and improve sleep.
It's important to keep in mind that donuts are high in sugar, fat, and calories, and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.